LANDLINE 028 7131 1171 FREEPHONE 0800 012 6367

Professional Indemnity Insurance

We search the market & find you some of the cheapest insurance quotes in Northern Ireland & UK – for FREE!


Request A Callback:

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Please note: Our offices are open Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm.


tickOur best possible quotes are over the phone.

tickYou’ll be speaking to your very own dedicated Insurance Specialist based in Northern Ireland.

tickOur Insurance Specialists are highly trained and use their expertise to find you the cheapest quote to suit your needs.

tickWe’ll call you – or you call us – for FREE! Even if you’re on a mobile.

tickWe’ll get your insurance sorted, quickly & easily.


CALL US FREE ON: 0800 012 6367

What is Professional Indemnity Insurance?

Professional Indemnity Insurance (often referred to as PI Insurance) can cover your legal costs or expenses if a dissatisfied customer makes a claim against your business.

Who needs it?

Professional Indemnity Insurance is designed for service led sectors, such as accountants and financial advisers, business consultants, journalists, engineers, advertising agencies, solicitors or other service professions.
Other professions may need it for specific projects, but ultimately, if you are providing a service to a client, it’s a good idea!

Why do you need it?

Other liability insurance can cover things like bodily injury, property damage or personal injury. Professional Indemnity Insurance ensures you are not out of pocket if someone deems your service unsatisfactory and makes a claim against you.
You may think you have a great relationship with your clients, but one mistake can change the dynamics of that relationship overnight.

How does it work?

Professional Indemnity Insurance is often a “claims made” insurance, meaning that claims need to be made during the period specified in the policy, not when the incident occurs.
For instance, when incorrect measurements on plans caused a house to be built in the wrong place, the builder sued the engineer for damages amounting to £61,000 which was covered by the Professional Indemnity Insurance. This mistake was only discovered after the build was started (not when the mistake was actually made) so the builder could claim the loss of materials and the extra time it would take to rebuild it, from the engineer’s insurance.

What cover do you need?

This depends on whether you are a full service provider, a partial service provider or just need Professional Indemnity Insurance for a one off contract.
As a general rule, picture the worst possible scenario if you were to make a mistake for a client or breech copyright laws, add on an estimate for legal fees and losses and you will have a rough estimate for the level of insurance needed.
Need help or have any questions? Our local & expert Insurance Advisors are on hand to help! Contact us here.